After the enormous success of Google Pixel, Google launched its successor Google Pixel 2. Google has launched two brand new smartphones which are Pixel 2 and Pixel XL. Designed by Google, these mobile phones are going to compete with other flagship smartphones. Google claims that Pixel 2 which is upgraded version of Google Pixel comes with the best camera which you won’t get in any smartphone which is available out there. Here you’ll check the methods of taking screenshot on Google Pixel 2.
Pixel 2 is designed by Google which means that you get stock Android running on the device which ensures the best of performance and no bloatware at all. Coming to Android operating system, it is quite easy to understand the features which are offered by this mobile operating system. You get to use many interesting features on any Android devices but it might become difficult for a newbie to access all these features and understand the basic functionality of the device.
One feature which is really cool is taking a screenshot on Google Pixel 2. It is very easy to take screenshot on Google Pixel 2 and in fact on any Android smartphone but if you are new to the android device you need to know how to access those features which is why we are writing this post. Our article today is focussed on sharing the steps which are going to help you in taking screenshot on Google Pixel 2.
How to Take Screenshot on Google Pixel 2
Android is the operating system which runs on Google Pixel 2, which means the first method to take screenshot is going to be same which is common among all android mobile phones. We are going to use the hardware keys which are present on our Google Pixel 2 to take screenshot.
Method 1: Use Hardware Buttons to Take Screenshot
Hardware buttons are the keys which you see on your Google Pixel 2 smartphone. The keys which need to be used in order to take screenshot are mentioned below.
- To start the process of taking screenshot on Google Pixel 2, first of all, open the game, chat or whichever screen you wish to capture.
- After opening the file which you want to capture you are ready to take screenshot.
- On the sides of your smartphone, you will see Power and Volume buttons. Press combination of Volume Down + Power keys to take screenshot.
- Hold these keys for 3-5 seconds will capture the screenshot on your smartphone.
- The screenshot which you have captured can be easily accessed by opening Gallery of your mobile phone or from the Notifications bar.
- You can even share the screenshot which you have captured right away from the Notifications bar.
Method 2: Use Screenshot Utility to capture Screen on Google Pixel 2
Another method which is going to help you in taking screenshot on Google Pixel 2 is using Screenshot Utility which is a free third party tool. In order to use this app, all you have to do is download it from Google Play store by searching “Screenshot Utility”.
Features of screenshot Utility
To understand the full functionality of this application, we have listed some of the features which you will get to see in this application.
- Easily take screenshots by using the combination of buttons in Screenshot Utility.
- The app can be installed on any Android smartphone, you don’t need root access on your smartphone in order to use this application.
- Screenshot Utility comes with the in-built editor which can be used to customize the screenshots which you have captured. You can even highlight the screenshots which you have captured the way you want to using this app.
- Text mode comes into play which allows you to add custom texts to the screenshots.
- Blur effects are also available in the app which can be used to apply blur effect.
- All the effects can be applied to multiple screenshots by selecting them.
- Easy sharing options allow you to share the screenshots on multiple platforms such as Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram etc.
Downloading and Installing Screenshot Utility
- Open Google Play store and search for Screenshot Utility app or download the application by opening this link.
- If you have downloaded the app via Google Play store it will get installed automatically however if you have downloaded it manually use any third party application to install it.
- After installing the app, open it and press and hold to the screenshot to capture it.
- Use different editing tools if you wish to edit the image, make changes to the screenshots using the app.
- You can view the screenshots which you have captured in Gallery or even in Screenshot Utility app.
More About Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 2 is an awesome upgrade to Google Pixel. If you want to know what features you will get in this smartphone, you can continue reading below.
Google Pixel 2 hosts a 5.0-inch display screen which delivers the resolution of 1080 X 1920 pixels. The display is multitouch display and is protected with the coating of Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Similar to Moto X, you will get Always On Display in Google Pixel 2 too which will show you the date and time at all times.
The camera is what makes Google Pixel 2 stands out from the crowd. Unlike other flagship smartphones which are being launched nowadays, Google Pixel 2 hosts a single lens camera but a powerful one which is a 12.2 Mega Pixel Shooter. When it comes to features, you will get laser autofocus, phase detection, dual-LED flash, face detection, touch focus, panorama and much more. On the front is an 8 Megapixel shooter.
CPU and RAM
You get the latest processor available out in Google Pixel 2. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset which is an octa-core processor. Adreno 540 is the GPU available ensuring high-end games are played without any lags when coupled with 4 GB RAM. There are two storage options available on this mobile phone which are 64 and 128 GB.
Android Oreo or Version 8.0 is the new operating system which you will get to use for the first time with Google Pixel 2. Many new features and improvements are done in Android Oreo
Google Pixel 2 is going to compete with high-end flagship smartphones and we think it is the new flagship killer. We hope that after reading this article you now know how to take screenshot on Google Pixel 2. What are your views of this smartphone? Do let us know using the comments section below.