If you were wondering how you can take a Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S8 then today we are going to tell you many different ways in which you can take a Screenshot on your new Galaxy S8. Taking a Screenshot is a commonly used way to share the content on your screen; you can share that funny meme you saw or maybe an in-game high score or something important with your friends and family.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is the newest and one of the most popular flagship from Samsung and it is available in India at a price of Rs. 57,900. The S8 comes with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage expandable with the help of a micro SD card. It also boasts of Iris scanner for added security.
How to take a Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S8 ?
There are four different ways to take a Screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy S8.
1. Traditional Method via Hardware buttons
- Hold the phone comfortably in your hand with the screen facing towards you with your on the power button and one finger on volume down button.
- Now click both the volume down button and power button
- If done correctly you will hear a snap sound and there will be a notification in the notification shade.
- In some cases, you will have to hold both the buttons for 2 to 3 seconds for a Screenshot to be clicked.
2. Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S8 using palm gesture
Before you can use palm gesture it needs to be activated in the TouchWiz UI by going to Settings>Advanced features>Palm swipe to capture. Although this has become a staple feature in TouchWiz some phones may not have this option.
- Once activated, go to whatever you want to Screenshot.
- Extend the whole of your palm and swipe across the screen with your palm
- If done correctly, you will hear a click and a notification would appear.
3. Long scrolling Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S8
Many a time it so happens that we want to Screenshot a whole web page or something that doesn’t fit on the screen all at once so Samsung offers a scrolling Screenshot option to capture longer Screenshots. This similar to the palm gesture Screenshot is an advanced feature and needs to be enabled from settings.
- Click a Screenshot using either of the 2 methods mentioned above.
- Once done, a small preview along with a few other options would appear below the screen.
- Tap on “Scroll Capture” and it will keep taking Screenshots and stitching them together in one image.
- Once completed a Screenshot notification would appear in the notification.
4. Smart select Screenshots on Samsung Galaxy S8
With the Edge functionality on the new Galaxy S8, Samsung has implemented a few smart options like taking an over shaped Screenshot or a square shaped Screenshot and making GIFs etc.
- Find what you want to take a Screenshot of and then swipe on the edge of the screen for the smart menu to open.
- Once the menu opens search for an option called “Smart Selection”
- Within there you will find various options and you can select whichever one you see fit.
Everything you need to know about the on Samsung Galaxy S8
The S8 houses a 5.8 inch dual edge curved display protected by Corning’s gorilla glass, under the hood it derives its power from either a Snapdragon 835 or an Exynos 8895 depending on the region it is purchased. It has 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal memory expandable via the help of a micro SD card.
For the shutterbugs, it has a 12 Mega Pixel rear camera with LED flash and an 8 Mega Pixel front facing camera. It is driven by a 3000 mAh battery and is IP6x certified. It has USB Type C for charging which also supports fast charging and wireless charging.
So this was our guide on how to take Screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S8, we hope this helps you and do let us know your thoughts in the comments.