Wanna show your Samsung Galaxy S9’s display content to someone else? Screenshots are what you need to do that. But if you don’t know how to take them, it can become a tricky (and sometimes even nasty) situation. So in this article, we’re going to share with you 3 easy methods of taking screenshots on your Galaxy S9. Let’s begin:
Taking screenshots on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus with physical buttons:
The simplest method of capturing screenshots on your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus is with physical buttons. Just follow the steps given below to do that:
- Open the screen that you want to capture in your screenshot;
- Press and Hold both ‘Power’ and ‘Volume down’ buttons at the same time for a second;
- Release the buttons when screen flickers and you hear a shutter sound. A notification will also appear in the notification bar, telling you that your screenshot was captured.
You’ll be able to find your screenshots in the Gallery app of your device. If you wish, you can also share the screenshot by tapping the success notification itself.
Taking screenshot with palm swipe gesture:
Other methods also exist to take a screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus. However, they’re advanced features so you will have to activate them first from Settings >> Advanced features >> Palm swipe to capture. Then once you’ve activated it, you can take a screenshot of any page by swiping the whole screen from right to left with your palm. The best thing about this method is that it will work even when your physical buttons are not working.
Taking the large screenshot with Scroll Capture method:
Finally we’ve Samsung’s Scroll Capture method of capturing screenshots on Android devices. However, just like Palm swipe method you will have to activate this one as well from the settings of your phone. Just navigate to Settings >> Advanced Features >> Smart Capture >> Scroll Capture to activate it. Once you’ve activated it you can take screenshots with scroll capture method by following the steps given below:
- Navigate to screen that you want to capture;
- Take a screenshot using buttons method or palm swipe method. Multiple options will appear before you once a screenshot has been captured. Choose “Scroll capture” among them.
- Now just keep pressing the Scroll Capture button until you reach the point in the page where you want to stop.
These were 3 easy methods of taking screenshots on your Samsung Galaxy S9. Now you can do as much screen capturing as you wish. Have fun!