Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is company’s latest offering in the budget smartphone segment. The device has been launched just a few days ago, and thanks to MIUI 9 it’s different from all other Xiaomi devices in many ways. In such a scenario, many of you may be wondering how to capture a screenshot on this device. So we’re here to help you do that, as we’ll outline the two different methods of capturing screenshots on this device. Let’s begin:
How to take Screenshots on Redmi Y1:
There’re two different methods to take a screenshot on Xiaomi Redmi Y1. First is by pressing the physical buttons, and second is Xiaomi’s traditional method of capturing screenshots from the notification bar. We’ll take a look at both methods in this article:
Physical Buttons Method
The physical button method of capturing screenshots on Redmi Y1 is as follows:
- Go to the screen that you want to capture in screenshot.
- Hold both Power button and Volume down button at the same time.
- The screenshot will be captured, and you’ll hear the camera shutter sound when it happens. Release the buttons when screenshot has been captured.
- Repeat to capture another screenshot.
And that’s it. You’ll be able to find all your screenshots in Gallery.
Notification Tray Method
This method is Xiaomi’s exclusive way of allowing its users to capture screenshots easily. To capture a screenshot using this method follow the steps given below:
- Navigate to the screen that you want to be captured in the screenshot.
- Open the notification tray by swiping down from the top of the screen.
- Tap the option of ‘Screenshot’ from the tray, and your screenshot will be captured. Repeat for taking more screenshots.
Again, the screenshots captured this way will also be saved in Gallery.
And that’s how you capture screenshots on Xiaomi Redmi Y1, one of the latest Xiaomi smartphones.
Specs of Redmi Y1
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is one of the best selfie smartphones out in the market as of now. It comes with 5.5-inch HD display, Snapdragon 435 octa-core processor, 4GB RAM, 13mp primary camera and 16mp secondary camera with LED flashlight. The phone runs latest MIUI 9 ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, and it’s powered by a 3,080 mAh battery. Finally, we’ve been given storage options of 32GB and 64GB along with color options of Golden and Dark Gray.